Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 1

"Today's run: Start with a 5-10 minute warmup of walking. Run 1/1 x 10 - run 1 minute, walk 1 minute, ten times for a total of 20 minutes. Finish up with a 5-10 minute cool down walk. Take it easy and do not worry about your pace at all."

All day I thought about this. All day I psyched myself up and all day I knew what I had to do when I got home. At 7:40pm, I got on the treadmill and started. I tuned into "Intervention" - a show that makes me feel lucky and blessed and good about myself in a weird way - and thought that at least it may take my mind away from the impending run.

I walked slowly at first and then worked up to a nice clip for 10 minutes. Then the time had come. I started. Running for one minute, walking for one minute, running for one minute, walking for one minute. The first four sets went by FAST. The middle three were longer and the last three were hard. Not impossible. Just hard. But I did it. I DID IT!!!! Sounds stupid to be so extatic over running for one minute at a time, but I did it...ten times in a row...and I successfully completed day one of the training plan. ALL ME.

It felt good. I stepped off after 40 minutes and really felt proud of myself. And it wasn't even as hard as I thought it'd be. And I didn't die. And I didn't even really think about dying the entire time I was doing it. I just did it. Day one - DONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment