Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 2

"Today's run: Start with a 5-10 minute warmup of walking. Run 1/1 x 10 - run 1 minute, walk 1 minute, ten times for a total of 20 minutes. Finish up with a 5-10 minute cool down walk. This is the same workout as yesterday so you should do great!"

Yeah you'd think it'd be easier since I did it yesterday, right??  Not so.  I woke up so sore from yesterday's run I felt like I was 83, not almost 33.  I drank a ton of water at work and tried to get up and walk around at least once an hour to keep my muscles moving but still...today was brutal.  I watched The Biggest Loser before mustering the energy and putting on my shoes.  Warm up went well.  The first two sets of 1/1 went well and then I just tried to find a zone because it was getting progressively harder.  I WAS watching my favorite vice - True Blood - which could make just about anything tolerable if you focus on the show...but I am still not loving being a runner.  When the timer finally clicked to the last minute of run, I moaned out loud.  But I did it.  I did Day 2.  I completed the assigned workout.  And it does feel good.  My muscles don't hurt anymore...they feel more like warm but uncooked dough.  I should get in the shower while I'm still limber...

I looked ahead.  Tomorrow is my first rest day.  Don't worry, followers...I'll let you know how old I I feel tomorrow!!!  :) 

Day two - Adios!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment