Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 3 - Day Off

"Congratulations! You completed your first two runs and you've reached your first rest day. That's right, you're not running today. Give yourself a well-deserved break from exercise. Or, if you have the energy and the motivation, do some cross-training. Go for a hike, ride a bike, or take a yoga class. But whatever you do, make sure you take it easy. Rest days are important to give your running muscles a break and help prevent injury."

So what did I do with my night off?  I curled up in my bed and watched Alladin with my 4 year old cuddlebug rather than run...after I induldged in 2 pieces of homemade lagsna for dinner.  And it felt wonderful.  And today, my legs don't hurt anywhere and I'm ready for tonight's workout. 

I may not love running yet...but I do love the days off...

No comments:

Post a Comment